Foundation 2 Crisis Center provides trained, compassionate telephone counselors 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Anyone who is depressed, despairing, going through a hard time, or just needs to talk, including people who are thinking about suicide, can use Foundation 2 chat services.
- You can reach a crisis counselor by calling (319) 362-2174 in the Cedar Rapids local calling area or 1-800-332-4224 anywhere else in Iowa.
- Phone or online chat services available.
Assessment, information and ready access to mental health and substance abuse services are offered through Mercy’s Access Service. On a 24-hour basis, a mental health professional is available for telephone consultation. Face-to-face evaluations are also available. Access Service staff are consulted to determine the level of appropriate care and the services needed within or outside the medical center.
- Call (319) 398-6476
For Young LGBTQ Lives
Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
Call, Chat or Text for Mental Health Crisis Assistance
- Abbe Center 398-3562
- Adult Day Treatment Community Support Club 520 Intensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Life Skills PACT Program Mental Health Transitional Living 286-9822
- Family Systems 1-800-401-3665 ext:181
- Family Psychology Associates 378-1199
- HOPE Homeless Outreach Pro. 398-3562
- Horizons 398-3943
- Linn County Alliance for Mental Ill 398-1184
- Mercy Family Counseling 398-6575
- Mercy Medical Behavioral Services 398-6553
- National Hope Line Suicide 1-800-784-2433
- St. Luke’s Hospital 369-8182
- St. Luke’s Family Counseling Center 369-7952