Teacher Leadership at College Community School District is designed strengthen instruction in an effort to improve student achievement. Our district has both full-time and stipend teacher leadership positions that include Building Facilitators, Curriculum Leads, Instructional Coaches, Cadre and PLC Facilitators.
CCSD Teacher Leadership Program Goals
- Attract and retain high quality beginning teachers by offering targeted professional learning and a comprehensive mentoring and induction program.
- Promote collaboration by developing structures and providing opportunities for all teachers to learn from each other.
- Reward professional growth and effective teaching by providing leadership opportunities that come with increased leadership responsibilities and increased compensation.
- Improve student achievement and growth for all students by transforming teaching and learning practices with the goal of continuous improvement.
CCSD’s Teacher Leadership Program Staff
- Alison West, Director of Curriculum and Assessment & Teacher Leadership Program Administrator
- Deanne Thiede, Teacher Leadership Program Lead