Advisory Council for Gifted Education (ACGE)
The Advisory Council for Gifted Education is a district committee composed of administration, GT Specialists, and selected district parents of GT identified children. The parents involved have children who span the K-12 system to provide well-rounded representation.
The Advisory Council meets two times a year. The two meeting dates for the 2021-2022 school year are: December 9, 2021 and the spring date is May 2, 2022. Both meetings are from 6:00-7:30. If you are unable to attend, please visit the links at the bottom to see the corresponding meeting agenda and minutes.
ACGE objectives are as follows:
1. Promote continuous improvement through the lens of best practice in gifted education.
- Conduct program evaluation
- Provide feedback about effectiveness
2. Develop annual goals and establish program priorities
- Establish annual goals and priorities based on data
- Make recommendations to the Superintendent, Board of Education, and other stake-holders
3. Foster dialogue and ongoing communication among parents, students, school personnel and the community regarding programming