Carl A. Nelson and Company, provided a tour and an update on the new 5/6 building which is scheduled to open in the fall of 2023.
On March 3, 2020, voters in the College Community School District approved a $54M bond referendum to construct a new 5/6 building on 80 acres directly south of Prairie Point. Funds generated from the bond referendum in conjunction with SAVE dollars also include significant renovations to our current Prairie Creek building in preparation for our 9th graders and district programs.
Below is a construction update for December 2, 2021.
- 100% Building Foundation Completed
- 60% Structural Masonry Completed
- 90% Underground Plumbing Completed
- 70% Underground Utilities Completed
- 30% Precast Wall Panels Installed
- Second Floor Installation Begins
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Work Begins
- Majority of Earth Work Completed
- Started Geothermal Work