PPEL Voting Information
WHEN TO VOTE:
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Public Measure NC
Physical Plant Equipment Levy (PPEL)
The College Community School District Board of Education is seeking a voter renewal of the tax levy used to maintain and repair district facilities. The current levy expires in 2024 so voters are being asked to renew the existing funding source for another 10 years. Renewing the Levy Will Not Increase the Property Tax Rate
What is PPEL?
The Physical Plant and Equipment Levy (PPEL) is a voter-approved levy that serves as one of the primary annual revenue sources for funding school infrastructure and equipment repairs, purchases and improvements.
Will my taxes go up?
No. The current PPEL levy has been in place at $.67 since 1983 so this will maintain the current tax rate. The rate collected is one-half the maximum rate for the voter approved levy allowed by law.
- The Current levy generates about 1.7 M per year.
- The total annual tax levy rate has been at or below $16.64 since 2012. Current rate is $16.61 per thousand.
Recent PPEL uses include but are not limited to:
- Buses, vans and other vehicles
- Energy efficiency initiatives
- Maintenance vehicles
- Maintenance equipment
- Roof replacement
- Band instruments
- Playground equipment
- Furniture replacement
- PHS classroom furniture
- Prairie View and Prairie Heights
- Project Room
- District Boardroom
- Kitchen equipment replacement
- Wrestling mats
- Parking lots, sidewalks and road resurfacing
- Baseball/softball lights
- Field turf replacement
- Heating and cooling repairs and replacement
- New scoreboards (baseball and softball)
- Storm sewer replacement
- Building leases for Delta, Edge and Iowa BIG
- Equipment lease for copiers
- Radio system for safety and security
- Security cameras and safety devices
- Equipment over $500
- Replacement and renovation of buildings such as carpet, paint, etc.