Representatives from the College Community School District met with Kim Lehrman, Chief Executive Officer at Communications Engineering Company today to talk about the importance of opportunities beyond high school.
College Community Schools has been working on an alignment of initiatives to support Personalized Learning. One of these initiatives is Prairie Ready. This guide helps students plan for their future and gain valuable real-world skills, learn rigorous curriculum, and creates checkpoints for future success.
The focus of Prairie Ready is to prepare students for success in all forms of education/training after high school graduation, including 2-year college programs, 4-year college programs, certification programs, apprenticeships, the military and other career training programs.
What is the Career Pathways program?
- A program that fosters student interest in their professional futures
- It provides opportunities to gain valuable, real-world skills, both technical for their chosen trades and “soft” for working as professionals on teams and in diverse settings
- Identity-building opportunity for students to discover who they want to be
- A guided path for students and parents to follow to prepare for future careers
- Community involvement in education meets the needs of local industries