The College Community Transportation Department would like to invite all incoming kindergarten and 1st grade students and their families to attend the “Back to School Busing Ride-A-Long” portion of Open House on Tuesday, August 17, 2021. Your attendance at this event is not required, but “strongly recommended”; so your child can be better acclimated to the busing procedures and meet their bus driver prior to the first day of school.
What will happen at this event?
- Masks will be required by all passengers on the school bus. We will have masks available on the bus.
- Your child will meet their bus driver.
- You and your child will ride the exact route and be dropped off at your child’s bus stop (or you and your child can ride back to campus). We recommend one parent ride the bus with your child and one meet the bus at the bus stop.
- Your child will become familiar with the bus route and know which stop to get off at on the first day of school.
- Your child will know where their bus will be parked at in the loading zone (there are 40 buses parked in this area so it can be confusing for young students).
- The bus rules and expectations will be explained to you and your child.
When is this event?
- Tuesday, August 17, 2021
- 5:50 PM (Heights and Hill parents and students will be directed to the shuttle buses by staff members, then shuttled to the loading zone)
- 6:00 PM (View, Crest and Ridge parents and students will walk to the loading zone, staff members will help direct you to this location)
- 6:20 PM all buses will depart to drive their routes with students and parents aboard and drop students and parents off at their assigned bus stop
Again, this event is optional but “strongly recommended”, especially for kindergarten students who this is their first experience riding a school bus. Riding the bus for the first time can often be an “anxious” event for students and parents alike. We truly hope you take advantage of this opportunity to better acclimate your child to the busing procedures and routes they will be riding in the upcoming year. If you have any questions about this event or other transportation related inquires please do not hesitate to call. `